Exciting news, everyone! I have officially started work on my next project, tentatively titled, The Feral Girl, and YOU could be the first to see it!!!
As a beta reader, you will receive parts of the story as I write it, with a chance to offer feedback and influence the outcome of the story.
What is The Feral Girl? For fans of the Aenya series, The Feral Girl will explore Thelana’s early life, from when she leaves her home in Ilmarinen to before she is discovered by Dantes and the men of Kratos. Even if you know nothing about Thelana or the world of Aenya, you are welcome to submit your name for beta reader, as The Feral Girl is a simple tale of survival which can be enjoyed by anyone. At roughly the length of Hemingway’s The Old Man and the Sea, or about 25,000 words, The Feral Girl will be a novella Kindle exclusive, best described as Naked & Afraid meets Jurassic Park, or parts Tarzan and The Jungle Book. What it is NOT is erotica. So if you’re looking for something to tickle your libido, THIS ISN’T IT!
Interested? Great! Just cut and paste the questionnaire with your answers, where applicable, and send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you read any of the Aenya books? If so, which ones?
- Of the Aenya books you have read, which did you enjoy most, and did you leave a review on either Goodreads or Amazon?
- Which is your favorite Aenya character and why?
- Have you ever been a beta reader before? (Y/N)
- I am most interested in this project because _____________.
- My favorite genre is ___________.
- My all-time favorite book is __________________.
- The last book I read was ___________ which I finished on ________.
- Would you consider yourself a naturist? (Y/N)
As a beta reader, you will be entrusted with the sections of the story sent to you, which will arrive by e-mail roughly once every two weeks, or once a month. You will NOT be allowed to share this information with any other person or leave spoilers of any kind on any media outlet. When you are done reading the section, simply answer the questions below. If you are unable to respond in a timely manner, you may be removed from the beta reader list.
- What I liked most about this section is _____________________.
- What I did NOT like about this section is _________________.
- I was a little confused by ___________________.
- I am really interested in knowing more about _________________.
- It would be really cool if ___________________.
You may limit your answer to one sentence. Vague or nondescript responses, like, “it was nice,” or “everything was great,” or “I like the way you describe things,” are less helpful. I am looking for specific things to help make The Feral Girl the best story it can be.
So cool, Nick! Very excited that you are developing Thelana and giving her her very own book. Will this tie in with Children of Aenya at all? I really like the image you include in the post. Hope all outside the literary world is going okay for you, and that your family is doing well, too. Ava Sent from Mail for Windows 10 From: The Art of StorytellingSent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 2:11 PMTo: email@example.comSubject: [New post] ATTENTION: Beta Readers Needed for âThe Feral Girlâ Nick Alimonos posted: " Exciting news, everyone! I have officially started work on my next project, tentatively titled, The Feral Girl, and YOU could be the first to see it!!! As a beta reader, you will receive parts of the story as I write it, with a chance to offer fe"
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Ava, thanks for stopping by. To answer your question, no, this story won’t connect to Children of Aenya at all, other than taking place on the same planet, like all of my other books. The Feral Girl is mostly promotional, a way to get readers invested in Aenya for less. There are e-books on Amazon that sell for pennies, but I refuse to give my books away for so little, regardless of sales. So the next best thing, I figured, is a $2 novella that will, hopefully, introduce more readers to the world of Thelana, Radia, and Lilliea.